Monday, November 29, 2010

Morning Star

7.34am Monday 29th November 2010

100_5042

Once again, I noticed a lone star in the sky but unlike my last observation, this time I captured the only visible star in the early morning hours, more or less at the same point where I had previously taken pictures of a lone star in the evening. This star appears to be so much brighter than the rest and seems to be visible, even when the lights of all the other stars have long faded. It is now 8.23 am and as daylight has broken, the star has vanished from my view. This particular star fascinates me day after day, as it’s prominence really shines and arouses my attention, time after time. I have tried to find out more about it and after researching a little on the internet I have come to the conclusion that it might be Jupiter, although I am not 100% sure. Nevertheless, it seems to be always there, sometimes hidden in the clouds and barely visible, yet always present. Taking photographs of it is quite difficult with my little camera, although I tried to zoom in to the maximum ability of my camera, but even the built-in crop facility wouldn’t let me get in any closer. The same can be said for my Photoshop software, so these pictures have stretched my modest photographic ability to the limit.

100_5041        100E5043

If it is Jupiter, it seems to circle the earth in a 12 hour cycle but I might be wrong…it is just my observation that it appears in the early evening at the same position as it does in the early morning. In any case, to me as a novice, I just enjoy it’s wondrous presence and look out for it, as soon as evening approaches. It fills me with delight and some kind of hope, while the rest of the world is in turmoil.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! It is Venus, the "Morning Star"---the brightest thing in the heavens at night with the exception of the moon. I have noticed how bright and beautiful it is on my early morning walks. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete